Planned Pause feature and its benefits and how to use it in REALvision Pro
The Intermediate series is made for those who already have solid experience with 3D printing but still want to learn and improve and are also new to REALvision Pro 3D printing slicing software.
This video explains what the Planned Pause feature is, what are its benefits in 3D printing and how to use it in REALvision Pro.
This video explains what the Planned Pause feature in 3D printing is, its benefits and a step-by-step guide on how to use it in REALvision Pro.
What is Planned Pause?
Planned Pause in your 3D printing process can be used to create a part that changes color after a certain layer, or to embed various objects into a 3D printed object.
How to use it?
1. If your goal is to embed an object in another 3D printed object, make sure that when designing the CAD model you make space for the other object.
2. Load the STL file into REALvision Pro and prepare it.
3. Open the print preview menu, and navigate to the layer where the second object will be embedded into the main object or the layer you would like to change color.
4. In the desired layer, press either the ”Add pause after layer” or ”Add pause before layer” button.
5. When the pause appears in the menu, you are ready to start the print. The printer will automatically pause between these two layers, and prompt a reaction.
6. You can insert the second object into the main object or change the filament color, when the pause is activated.
Check out how your second object is completely embedded in the main one.
Reliable software supported by real 3D printing experience
Experience behind the trusty toolbox is the key to success. The software is based on the REALvision core, which is the backbone of the slicing software for a decade serving printer manufacturers as a white-label software. There is a team of experts who knows 3D printing from the inside out, continuously working on updates and new features. They are not only writing codes but constantly testing material, print settings, and experimenting. This is the expertise that REALvision Pro customers can access without risking their problems being posted in an online forum.